Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hummingbird, Baby

Today on the metro I was thinking about the blog medium, and how it is so... something because it is starting anew at the end of the story every day. The reader goes backward though it, and may not ever reach the true beginning, just the end, over and over (if they come back). And it starts in medias res, so reaching the beginning doesn't mean so much, anyway.

Also, in the metro, I was thinking about topography and how I couldn't be sure at that exact moment where I was, and my location was reduced to "somewhere in the metro, between x and y," which is really not very specific at all.

But I came here tonight to give you the images that started it all:




(But mostly the first one)

These were patches I found at the Anarchist book fair when R was one year old, and I felt an affinity with the bird because we both were wearing our babies (and maybe flying away.) Made by the Beehive Collective.

No comments: