Sunday, March 2, 2008

Way back when, this kind of sleep-avoidance was commonplace.  There was a time when I slept every second night.  I accomplished very little, and learned even less, because my mind was addled by fatigue and various narcotics and caffeine.  

Well, that time is gone.  The best I've done lately is purchase White Zinfandel and Rescue Remedy, mix the two together and sip optimistically while eating colour-matched pairs of Spring-themed M&Ms.  

The to-do list is seemingly insurmountable... time's a-ticking, and there are two babies sleeping nearby and a mother who is living three lives at once.  (Okay... only two. I was exaggerating.)

Mama meets teenage malcontented sleepwalker-girl. 
Or something.  Mama meets heroic adventurer.  Mama meets 
suited, respectable dream-man. Mama meets aspiring 
novelist.  Mama meets truly employable human being.  
Mama meets non-mama. Mama meets ______.  A bird on the wire.  

No comments: